Fun with Food is a hands-on cooking workshop for kids aged 5-9 and 10-14 years.
Taking place over two days in April the workshops will deliver nutrition education for kids in a fun and interactive way by combining practical cooking lessons with entertaining games and food activities. It’s a great way to keep your kids busy and having fun in the school holidays.
- Kids in the kitchen – creating simple, nutritious AND delicious items such as bread, snacks and baked treats which they can then enjoy for lunch or afternoon tea.
- Games and activities designed to teach healthy eating, plus the opportunity to learn more about OzHarvest’s work in the community and the environmental issue of food waste and poverty in Australia.
- At the end of the day each child will go home with a certificate of achievement, copies of all the recipes, as well as an OzHarvest apron.
All proceeds from this school holiday workshop will directly support OzHarvest’s NEST program which helps deliver similar workshops to those in our community who need it most. You can read more about NEST here.
Two sessions are being offered in April:
- Thursday 20th April (5-9 year olds)
- 8:45am – 11:30am
- Tickets: www.trybooking.com/book/event?embed&eid=270396
- Thursday 20th April (10-14 year olds)
- 12:45pm – 3:30pm
- Tickets: www.trybooking.com/book/event?embed&eid=270402
-This session is tailored for a specific age group only, please purchase tickets relevant to your child’s age.
– We want your child to get the most out of the program as possible. Since sometimes seeing Mum or Dad can be a distraction for kids, we respectfully ask that you do not stay during the program and time your arrival for pick-up with the end of program so that we can continue to offer our best to the most attentive kids possible.
– Some of the food used in the cooking session is donated/rescued. Because of this please be advised that we cannot guarantee our ability to cater to any specific dietary requirements or food allergies.
– Kids must wear closed in, flat shoes (such as sneakers), otherwise they will not be permitted in the kitchen. Long hair is to be tied up.
– Places are limited, so book early to avoid disappointment.
– Please arrive on time so that we can start on time.
– There is strictly no visitor parking available onsite at OzHarvest. Please note that due to ongoing roadworks in the vicinity, there is limited parking in the surrounding areas. We suggest taking public transport to reach OzHarvest and allowing extra time to locate our Warehouse.