OzHarvest and the United Nations Environment Programme are joining forces once again on the Think.Eat.Save campaign to raise awareness of global and local food waste and how to reduce its impact.
OzHarvest will be hosting Think.Eat.Save events around the country on Monday July 24 to help Australians learn how they can reduce food waste at home and save precious food, time and money – and score a free lunch!
Click on an event below for more info.
Monday 24 July
- Sydney – Martin Place, 11:30am-2pm
- Melbourne – Melbourne University North Court, 11:30am-2pm
- Adelaide – University of Adelaide, Goodman Lawns, North Terrace, 11:30am – 2:30pm
- Gold Coast – The Kitchens, Robina Town Centre, 10am-3pm
- Canberra – Garema Place, 11:30am-1pm
- Newcastle – James Street Plaza, Hamilton, 11:30am-2pm
- Cairns – Funship Playground, Esplanade, Cairns North, 3pm-8pm
- Sunshine Coast – Pitchfork Restaurant, Peregian Beach, 12pm-2pm
- Toowoomba – The Gallery Park, 523 Ruthven St, 11:30am- 2:30pm
Saturday 5 August
An incredible 4 million tonnes of food is wasted in Australia every year and we effectively throw 1 in 5 bags of groceries in the bin due to the amount of food we waste! Change starts at home by rescuing forgotten fridge food and changing simple food habits.
Want some tasty ways to avoid food waste at home?