Victoria & South Australia State Manager
Location: Melbourne or Adelaide
Closing Date: 21 August 2022
Are you ready to use your broad business experience and leadership skills for good? Do you want to know that the work you do each day makes a difference to people and planet? We have the role you are looking for. OzHarvest is searching for its next Victoria/South Australia Manager. If you are a vibrant leader with the ability to think practically and creatively, turn challenges into successes, and equally comfortable in a warehouse as you are liaising with corporates and government, then read on.
The State Manager’s role is to lead, drive and oversee all aspects of OzHarvest’s culture, people and operations in Victoria and South Australia. You will be responsible for the strategic and sustainable growth of OzHarvest in the regions. You will nourish and support our partnerships and relationships and community with professionalism and positivity. You will identify opportunities for new partnerships. You will oversee compliance, risk, budget, administration and logistics and embed policy and systems. You will bring best practice solutions to the table and manage change and growth. The Job Description will give you more information on the day to day of this important role.
In return for your dedication to our people and purpose, you will be part of a positive and productive culture, and you will be a valued member of a team of committed, fun and energetic humans. You will know that the work you do means something and has real impact. We have other rewards and recognition information on our website.
Nutrition Education Program Coordinator (Sydney)
Closing Date: 14 August 2022
OzHarvest’s NEST (Nutrition Education Skills Training) program is a nutrition and health education program teaching adults easy ways to cook and eat healthily on a tight budget through a series of practical and fun workshops.
We have an exciting opportunity arise in NSW for a NEST Coordinator stepping into this role on a 4-day part-time basis until January 2024. The key responsibilities for this role include ensuring the delivery and sustainability of the NEST program, working along with the National NEST Program Manager and improving the program and maintaining its systems and resources.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Ensuring that the NEST program is coordinated and delivered in line with current OzHarvest practices, funding commitments, and project aims.
- Working with the National NEST Program Manager to source and manage funding to maintain program sustainability
- Maintaining the databases, systems and resources of the program
- Collaborating on program improvements and reporting on impact
To be successful in the role, you will need to have:
- A minimum bachelor degree qualification in Nutrition/Dietetics with demonstrated confidence in the kitchen
- An energetic and positive with a genuine commitment to making an impact to the lives of people facing food insecurity
- A warm and friendly communicator with a real flair for presenting workshops and motivating people
- A team player who is focused on solutions, efficiencies and outcomes.
Volunteer & Projects Coordinator
- Manage the recruitment and selection of volunteers, including onboarding, inducting and welcoming them into the OzHarvest Family
- Connect and engage with volunteers through regular communication
- Schedule and coordinate volunteer rosters for activities, programs and events
- Contribute to the growth and development of volunteer opportunities to offer meaningful engagement to our WA ‘Yellow Army’ volunteer team
- Experience in volunteer coordination, HR Management (including recruitment, selection, induction), Workforce Management or Project Management
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, coordinate, and supervise volunteers or staff
- Strong ability to build relationships and manage priorities
- Current drivers’ license and willingness to drive in the course of work
Food Rescue Coordinator
We are looking for a collaborative and passionate Food Rescue Coordinator to join our fabulous NSW Operations team. As a leader of a small team of 6-8 Food Rescue Drivers, the primary role of the Food Rescue Coordinator is to actively manage the smooth running of the daily logistics within your team. You be the leader and decision maker in your space, creating a positive culture, motivating your team to achieve strategic goals around Quality, Quantity and Consistency.
You will work closely with your team of Food Rescue Drivers, other Food Rescue Coordinator’s and the NSW Operations Lead to implement and continually improve processes and tools used to achieve these goals. You run all daily and forward planning operations in the Crittah system, liaise with donors and agencies about the daily pickups and deliveries, ensure a safe and well maintained fleet, and adhere to all safety regulations, from a WHS as well as a food safety perspective.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Past experience in a logistics role
- Experience in managing internal and external relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving and planning skills, balanced with ability to react quickly to events and to prioritise in a fast-moving environment
We have an exciting opportunity for a casual chef to join the magnificent Refettorio Kitchen team to support with the delivery of events and meal service. Main responsibilities include food preparation, kitchen duties and managing relationships in the engagement, production or daily kitchen programs.
To be successful for this role, you will have:
- Experience inclusive of approved professional cookery training
- Experience working as a chef, Chef De Partie, Station Cook/Chef or Restaurant Cook/Chef/ Restaurant events
- Energetic attitude with ability to engage with and nurture relationships
Cooking for a Cause Chef
Location: Melbourne, Newcastle, Adelaide
We are seeking a Casual Chef to join our amazing team in the kitchens for our Cooking for a Cause program! The primary focus of the CFAC Chef is to deliver team building cooking sessions to corporate supporters, utilising quality rescued food to produce nourishing meals in an innovative and creative way.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Delivering the CFAC program with passion, motivating and mingling with guests, facilitating discussion about OzHarvest and the work we do
- Presenting engaging cooking classes within the designated time frame
- Ensuring that appropriate WHS information is conveyed
TO BE SUCCESSFUL FOR THIS ROLE, YOU WILL HAVE :
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum Certificate 3 in hospitality/Commercial cookery
- Experience in leading and training teams
Food Rescue Driver
Location: Coffs Harbour, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane
We are seeking dedicated, friendly and professional individuals to proudly act as ambassadors for OzHarvest. You will be driving our bright yellow vans to facilitate the redistribution of good quality surplus food and deliver it to the various charities we serve.
Good knowledge of the area is a must.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience as a Driver & ability to lift up to 12kg of food
- A current and valid Australian Drivers Licence
- Valid police check (can be obtained at verbal offer)