Christmas Food Drive
OzHarvest Christmas Food Drive
- Non-perishable food like pasta, rice, canned fruits, vegetables and tuna, tinned or jarred sauces and casseroles, biscuits, tea and coffee, cereals, muesli bars
- Ring pull cans are preferred over can-opener style packaging
- No products containing alcohol, even at trace amounts. That means no wine, wine vinegars, traditional Christmas puddings.
- No longlife items that are more than 30 days past Best Before.
- Use strong boxes that have plenty of packing tape on them.
- All food to be boxed up – do not use bags, even if they are reusable shopping bags, as these cannot be stacked in our van and may roll around and break in transit.
- Packed boxes to weigh no more than 10kg, even if this means you have to pack a few more boxes, as this will help keep your team, our drivers and volunteers safe when moving the food drive items around.
- Your help in making sure your Food Drive is ready for a speedy collection by our big yellow van greatly helps us in squeezing our many jobs in at this busy time!
We are excited to provide you with helpful resources for the OzHarvest Christmas Food Drive. Below, you will find two documents available for download:
- OzHarvest Food Collection Guide: This guide provides detailed information on how to organise and conduct a successful food collection drive. It includes information on what OzHarvest does, where the food goes, and contact information for your local OzHarvest. To download the OzHarvest Food Collection Guide, click here.
- Food Drive Poster: This poster is designed to help promote the OzHarvest Food Drive. To download the Food Drive Poster, click here.
We hope these resources will assist you in organising your upcoming OzHarvest Food Drive. Thank you for your support!