Many charity agencies are in need of food items for hampers, some deliver over 100 food hampers to families in need every month! Offices, schools, community groups or places of worship can help us meet this need by running a food drive to collect non-perishable food items to be donated to OzHarvest.
All types of canned and packaged goods within use-by date can be collected. Please do not donate fresh/perishable produce or foods containing alcohol (e.g. Christmas pudding).
Seven easy steps to planning a food drive:
- Download this Food Drive and Hampers Kit pdf which includes posters and food guidelines to help you get started.
- Send out an email to your team members, put up posters and get the word out to encourage people to bring in items over a week long period.
- Choose a secure, easily accessible van collection point..
- Van booking: approx one week notice please. Email [email protected] (NSW, SA & ACT) or call 1800 108 006 (WA, QLD & VIC). As our drivers will be on a tight schedule, please provide the below details to book:
· Company / Organisation Name:
· Collection Address:
· Loading dock details / parking information:
· Preferred van collection dates:
· Contact person on date of collection + mobile phone number:
· Office hours at collection point on date of pickup:
· Approximate quantity of food bags expected:
- Our logistics team will confirm the date that our van can come to you to collect the items.
- Ensure items are packed into eco bags or boxes, or hampers. Avoid single use plastics. Do not seal or overfill. Try to pack a variety of items in each bag. (This hamper packing can be a team exercise in itself).
- Van arrives! Celebrate the impact your team has delivered!
Optional: an OzHarvest representative can visit your organisation to speak to your team about food waste and food insecurity, and the role that OzHarvest plays in the community. Please call 1800 108 006 to inquire.
Please note we can’t provide photographs of recipients accepting corporate food donations due to privacy. If you have any queries related to your Food Drive, please contact our logistics team at [email protected] or on 02 9516 3877 (press option #1).
Food Drive items distributed by OzHarvest make an invaluable difference to local vulnerable people. We thank you for your part in helping us to nourish hungry bellies and support those in our community.
Good food for hampers:
Lastly, be creative and HAVE FUN!