Registrations for OzHarvest SA’s Great Food Rescue Race are now open!
Get your running shoes ready because The Great Food Rescue Race is back again! We loved the enthusiasm and support of last year’s race and we can’t wait for round two. The inaugural Great Food Rescue Race in 2015 raised $38,000 and this year we’re aiming to raise $100,000 to provide 200,000 meals for those in need.
Every day, OzHarvest makes a difference in the lives of so many South Australians by rescuing good, nutritious, surplus food and distributing this within our community for people doing it tough.
With 8-10 billion dollars of food wasted each year in Australia, and 90% of food relief agencies reporting that they’re not able to meet community demand, OzHarvest is passionate about reducing food waste and ensuring this abundance is shared with those that need it most.
The Great Food Rescue Race is a foot race journey through the Adelaide CBD visiting various food themed locations while completing challenges at the same time. While racing, participants will celebrate Adelaide’s amazing food culture, learn more about food security, have heaps of fun, and support OzHarvest in South Australia!
To take part gather a team of 5 colleagues or friends and head to our Great Food Rescue Race website to register! Don’t hesitate as places will fill up quickly. Only 30 teams can participate.
By registering a team to race you will:
- RACE between a series of iconic Adelaide food establishments and other food rescue themed Race Stations
- BE CHALLENGED to learn more about food security and homelessness
- TEST your food and nutrition knowledge
- BE INSPIRED and surprised by local food identities that support the work of OzHarvest
- RESCUE deliver and cook with surplus food
- EMBRACE food, community, sustainability, collaboration and fun!
The Great Food Rescue Race will take place on Friday November 4, 2.00pm – 6.00pm, starting and finishing in Victoria Square.