Volunteers are the heart and soul of OzHarvest
With over 1500 volunteers across the country, OzHarvest is always on the lookout for passionate people to lend a hand. From helping at events, running market stalls, assisting in the vans, answering the phones, working with our chefs and corporate teams at a Cooking for a Cause session or even handpicking oranges at a local farm! The fun never ends once you don a yellow OzHarvest volunteer shirt, whatever you do you’ll be helping us to ‘nourish our country’.
Geoff is OzHarvest’s longest serving volunteer! He began donating his time when OzHarvest started in 2004 after he saw on TV that OzHarvest founder Ronni had the law changed to allow businesses to donate food without fear of liability.
“I decided to volunteer and put my spare time to better use for a great cause. Being part of OzHarvest’s Yellow Army is like having another family. Everyone is so friendly and it’s very rewarding and uplifting to do something that gives back to the community.”
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Read this important document: Volunteering with OzHarvest Information. It outlines full details on our volunteer program, roles available and the recruitment process.
- Fill out our online application form here (this is not compatible with mobile devices; please use a desktop computer).
- Attend a Volunteer Information Session – see below for the date and time of your next local session.
- Filling out our online application form AND attending a Volunteer Information Session are both compulsory and the first steps to becoming a volunteer with OzHarvest.
- All volunteers must be over the age of 18.
OzHarvest Office Volunteer Information Sessions
- Volunteer Information Session: Date TBC
- Location: OzHarvest Sydney office – Warehouse G3/G4, 46-62 Maddox St, Alexandria
- Register: please complete the online application form and we will be in touch once the next session has been scheduled.
- Volunteer Information Session: 5:30pm–7:00pm, Monday, 9 April
- Location: OzHarvest SA office – 28 Fifth Street, Bowden.
- Register: please complete the online application form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
- Volunteer Information Session: Date TBC
- Location: Wesley House, ground floor, 140 Ann Street, Brisbane City.
- Register: please complete the online application form and forward the copy of your application that will be emailed to you to email@example.com to confirm your attendance.
- Volunteer Information Session: 2:00pm–6:00pm, Saturday, 24 February
- Location: Novotel Oasis Resort, 122 Lake St, Cairns
- Register: please complete the online application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch with you shortly.
- We do not have any current volunteer vacancies. Please check back here in the next couple of months to see when we will reopen our volunteer pool. You can also contact us on email@example.com if you have an enquiry related to volunteering.
- The date of our next Volunteer Information Session will be announced soon. Please complete the online application form and email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
- Volunteer Information Session: 12:00pm, Thursday 15 February and 5:00pm, Thursday, 22 February
- Location: OzHarvest WA office – 114 Brown St, East Perth
- Register: please complete the online application form and we will get in touch with you shortly after.
OzHarvest Regional Chapter Volunteer Information Sessions
- Coffs Harbour – contact chapter coordinator Julie Ferguson on 0421 430 175 or email@example.com
- Port Macquarie – contact chapter coordinator Katrina Humble on 0413 309 385 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sapphire Coast – contact chapter coordinator Christine Welsh on 0438 407 364 or email@example.com
- Southern Highlands – contact chapter coordinator Ana Maria Salinas on 0451 799 283 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunshine Coast – contact chapter coordinator Michele Lipner on 0406 085 747 or email@example.com
- Toowoomba – contact chapter coordinator John Ford on 0427 315 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wagga Wagga – contact chapter coordinator Liza Hood on 0419 246 565 or email@example.com