Volunteers are the heart and soul of OzHarvest
Volunteers are at the heart of everything we do at OzHarvest. Affectionately known as our ‘Yellow Army’, the devoted team of passionate individuals dedicate thousands of priceless hours and live and breathe our message every day. The fun never ends once you don a yellow OzHarvest volunteer shirt, from helping at events, riding in the van, selling cookbooks, tub washing or assisting in the office, whatever you do you’ll be helping us to nourish our country and fight food waste.
There is a variety of volunteering roles; you can try them all or just stick to the ones you like! For me, volunteering is a source of energy and inspiration to face the week ahead knowing I have done something worthwhile to make a difference to those in need and help to nourish our country.”
VOLUNTEER WITH OZHARVEST
First: Read our Volunteering with OzHarvest Information document outlining roles available and the recruitment process.
Second: Fill out our online application form.
Third: Attend a Volunteer Information Session (find your local OzHarvest office or regional chapter below for details about the next session).
(Please note, completing the online application form AND attending a Volunteer Information Session are both compulsory for volunteering with an OzHarvest office. To volunteer with a regional chapter get in contact below. Because of the nature of our activities and the unique relationships we maintain, all volunteers need to be over the age of 18.)
OzHarvest Office Volunteer Information Sessions
OzHarvest Regional Chapter Volunteer Information Sessions
- Cairns – contact chapter coordinator Jana Gorski on 0412 784 781 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coffs Harbour – contact chapter coordinator Julie Ferguson on 0421 430 175 or email@example.com
- Port Macquarie – contact chapter coordinator Katrina Humble on 0413 309 385 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sapphire Coast – contact chapter coordinator Christine Welsh on 0438 407 364 or email@example.com
- Southern Highlands – contact chapter coordinator Ana Maria Salinas on 0451 799 283 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunshine Coast – contact chapter coordinator Michele Lipner on 0406 085 747 or email@example.com
- Toowoomba – contact chapter coordinator John Ford on 0427 315 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wagga Wagga – contact chapter coordinator Liza Hood on 0419 246 565 or email@example.com