Cooking For A Cause
Have you ever wanted to chop an onion like Jamie Oliver or whip up a homemade ravioli to impress your friends? OzHarvest has a cooking class with a difference!
If you are looking for a unique team building activity with soul and purpose, Cooking for a Cause offers a hands-on cooking class for corporate groups of all sizes at various locations across the country, including Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Perth.
What does it involve?
- OzHarvest chefs get the teams busy in the kitchen transforming rescued food into restaurant-quality meals that are then delivered directly to disadvantaged communities.
- Even those who are not aspiring Masterchefs can get involved, learning how to master the infamous knife skills and practical cooking tips that can be used at home.
- In addition to bonding over a big pot of soup and experiencing the joy of chopping an onion properly your team will take away the knowledge that they have made a real difference, allowing those less fortunate to eat with dignity.
- Your team will learn about food waste, food security and homelessness in Australia, bringing meaning to the phrase ‘food for thought’.
What do we cook?
- We love to teach classics like homemade pasta, gnocchi and ravioli as people are often surprised how easy it is.
- Teams get to sample some of delicious food they have made, so no-one goes away hungry!
Many companies offer corporate team building cooking events, but none come with the satisfaction of knowing you have not only saved good food from landfill, but also created delicious and nutritious meals for people who often don’t know where their next meal is coming from.
You also get to keep a nice yellow apron!
It was a day that kept us grounded, reminded us of how fortunate we are and how we really can make a positive difference to our community.
The funds raised from Cooking for a Cause allow OzHarvest to provide meals to many, many more disadvantaged Aussies. As little as a $1 donation can provide 2 meals for people in need.
To discuss your team building event with soul and purpose: